With the cooler weather and change in season, it’s the perfect time to get away to Hawke’s Bay to unwind and enjoy autumn. We’ve put together our recommended top 10 ways you can relax during your stay in the bay.
1. Play a round of golf at one of Hawke’s Bay’s many courses – including the esteemed Cape Kidnappers course. With six courses available within 30 minutes of the hotel, you’re sure to hit a hole-in-one. Or if you’re looking for something more casual, take a loop around Napier’s miniature golf course while soaking up stunning views right on Marine Parade. Talk to your friendly concierge during your stay for all the golfing options.
2. Enjoy award-winning cuisine from the comfort of your own room. Whether it be breakfast-in-bed or a delicious platter for you and your loved one, Malo Restaurant offers 24/7 in-room dining for all hotel guests. For more see portershotel.co.nz/dining.
3. Enjoy a long lunch at one of Hawke’s Bay’s award-winning wineries. From peak views at Terroir Restaurant at Craggy Range to the stunning ocean vista at Elephant Hill, you’ll be spoilt for choice when it comes to choosing a winery restaurant. For a full list of options, visit https://www.hawkesbaynz.com/eat-and-drink/eat/winery-dining/.
4. Enjoy a massage at Sabaidee Thai Massage, located only five minutes from the hotel. With a range of massages to choose from, you’ll leave feeling refreshed and rejuvenated. Talk to our concierge about our ‘a friend of Porters’ programme and you could save $10 off any massage session of minimum 60mins duration.
5. Soak up the Art Deco atmosphere with a tour in one of Hooters’ vintage cars. Hooters Vintage and Classic Vehicle Hire offer a range of suggested tours starting with light-hearted city tours designed to show off Napier’s beautiful Art Deco architecture, taking you to the spots and telling you the stories that only locals know. Enjoy full day city, scenic and winery trips taking in the stunning Hawke’s Bay countryside and some of the finest vineyard cellar doors in New Zealand. Talk to your concierge during your stay about arranging a tour.
6. Ever wanted to know how to make your own natural and organic skincare products? Archeus offer a range of Apothecary Workshops so you can delve into the world of natural perfumery. For more information on when the workshops are run, visit https://www.archeus.co.nz/collections/workshops.
7. There’s nothing better than whittling time away by catching a movie. Event Cinemas Havelock North is just a 2-minute walk from the hotel and screens a range of movies from different genres, or you can join in on one of their events such as the wine and cheese night.
8. With over 200km of world-class bike trails throughout the region, a leisurely bike ride on the limestone is a must-do during your visit. Our friends at Takaro Trails offer a range of tours so you can slow down and savour the sights of Hawke’s Bay. For more see http://www.takarotrails.co.nz/.
9. Local partner Vivo Hair and Beauty offers arrange of services so you can feel on top of the world during your stay. Speak to your friendly concierge to arrange a package that suits you.
10. There’s nothing better than unwinding after a leisurely day in the bay with a relaxing bubble bath. Our Premier One Bedroom, Royal and Royal One Bedroom Suites all come with freestanding baths so take advantage of our quality bathroom products and soak in the comfort of your own room. For more on the hotel services and facilities see portershotel.co.nz/rooms-and-suites/.